Lori Kiefer, MD
Please take a moment and let us know how your experience was.REVIEW US
Meet Lori Kiefer, MD
Lori Kiefer, MD is dual board-certified in pain management and anesthesiology. She graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry from Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana. She then attended Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana, where she was awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree. After medical school, Dr. Kiefer completed her anesthesiology internship and residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She then practiced as an anesthesiologist for nine years in Bloomington, Indiana. She decided to pursue further training in pain medicine at Indiana University School of Medicine's multidisciplinary pain medicine fellowship.
Dr. Kiefer enjoys spending time with her husband and three children. Her hobbies include exercising, walking, hiking, fishing, and reading.
- Indiana State University Terre Haute, INBA2001 - 2005
- Indiana University School of Medicine Indianapolis, INMD2005 - 2009
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nashville, TNAnesthesiology Internship2009 - 2010
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nashville, TNAnesthesiology Residency2010 - 2013
- Indiana University School of Medicine Indianapolis, INInterventional Pain Medicine Fellowship2022 - 2023
- Consultant Anesthesiologist Board Member and ShareholderBloomington Anesthesiologists, PC (BAPC) Bloomington, IN2013 - 2022
- Volunteer Clinical Assistant ProfessorIndiana University School of Medicine Bloomington, IN2016 - 2022
- CertificationsAmerican Board of Anesthesiology
- CertificationsBasic Life Support
- CertificationsPediatric Advanced Life Support
- CertificationsAdvanced Cardiac Life Support
- MembershipASRA Pain Medicine
- MembershipNorth American Neuromodulation Society
- Licensed Physician - License #: 46805Tennessee Physician2013
- Licensed Physician - License #: 1072294AIndiana Physician2023
- Licensed Physician - License #: ME 158294Florida Physician
- Licensed Physician - License #: 96806Georgia Physician
- Chief Elect of AnesthesiologyIndiana University Health - Bloomington Bloomington, IN
- Chief of AnesthesiologyIndiana University Health - Bloomington Bloomington, IN
- Recruitment DirectorBAPC Bloomington, IN
- Vice PresidentBAPC Bloomington, IN
- Medical DirectorSurgiCare Surgery Center Bloomington, IN
- PresidentBAPC Bloomington, IN
- Urman R, Ehrenfeld J. (2012) Morgan and Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology Flashcards. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Professional
- Horner syndrome in a 10 month old infant with bilateral nephroblastomata after thoracic epidural placement. Poster presentation at the ASA national meeting in Washington, D.C. October 2012.
- 1 Year Later: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation for Chronic Shoulder Pain. Poster presentation at the New York PGA meeting in New York City. December 2022.
Thank you for subscribing!
You will receive important news and updates from our practice directly to your inbox.